Sunday 1 June 2014

Welcome to the blog!

I simply cannot get enough of Thai food. I am truly obsessed and have been for some fifteen years now. My first introduction to Thai food was a tasty (but now looking back) incredibly unauthentic Jamie Oliver green prawn curry, swiftly followed by a much more authentic Delia Smith version. Time moved on and a gap year trip took me to Thailand in person and the love affair began. A second trip later and still numerous years since and I still cannot get enough.

This blog is a culmination of some of the many Thai recipes I have collated over the years, with a twist on just how the hell one can get hold of, or indeed exchange Thai ingredients for half decent substitutes.

Until recently I live in a mid sized city in the north west of the UK and although not flush with Thai suppliers, I could get most of what I needed from two Asian grocers there. Having recently moved to a new job in a small town in rural North Yorkshire, I am coming to terms with the loss of my beloved local Thai food stockists. My nearest place now to get ingredients is in Leeds which is a 70 mile round trip.

However, my taste for Thai food prevails and the craving continues so onward to the blog…

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tried a recipe? Want some advice? Feel free to drop by with your thoughts!